Lots of stuff coming, long features on PRELUDE TO RUIN, SMOULDER, RAVENSIRE and LUNAR SHADOW.
RAM from Gothenburg in Sweden is a band I have followed closely ever since the guys sent me their first EP for review back in 2003. When “Rod” was released in 2017, I spoke with gitarist Harry Granroth, but since I wasn’t fully satisfied with the end result, the interview was never published here at Metal Squadron. This time, I once again got on the phone with singer Oscar Carlquist, who I also spoke with when “Svbversvm” came out.
- HELVETETS PORT: Quirky parts in abundance
- PRELUDE TO RUIN: Band of brothers
- LUNAR SHADOW: “Heavy Metal bores me to death”
- RAVENSIRE: Beware of easter eggs
- SMOULDER: A mystical and arcane vibe
- ARCH/MATHEOS: Pushing boundaries
- ENFORCER: Nothing to lose
- SABÏRE: A large beast
- WITHERFALL: Inspired by a tragedy
- IRON GRIFFIN: Epic, dark and organic
- METAL CHURCH: Not nostalgic