1. SLOUGH FEG ”Digital Resistance” (Metal Blade)
– Will this band ever disappoint? Quality as we come to expect it from Mike Scalzi & Co. Simply put – a metal institution!
2. DARK FOREST “The Awakening” (Cruz Del Sur)
– Awesome twin guitars and some really huge choruses. Is it diverse enough to stand the test of time?
3. AVATARIUM “Avatarium” (Nuclear Blast)
– Yeah, I know, it’s trendy to do seventies stuff with female vocals, but this is just as good as the last few Candlemass-albums. Lots of cool riffs!
4. BLADE KILLER “Blade Killer” (Stormspell)
– A little too generic maybe, but still four enjoyable heavy metal-tunes
5. BLAZE “The Rock Dionsaur” (High Roller)
– Even the heavy accent of the vocalist can’t overshadow those awesome guitars.