Since we have covered almost everything there is to cover about the history of Ravensire before, let’s catch up with the happening after the release of “The Cycle Never Ends”. How would guitarist and main songwriter Nuno describe the reception this album got and how satisfied is he with the coverage the band got in the press and the opportunities to play live this album generated?
Tag Archives: Ravensire
RAVENSIRE: Unleashing the beast
For me, personally, “The Cycle Never Ends” is one of the most anticipated heavy metal releases of 2016. I love the raw, barbaric sounds of Ravensire, and I thought the songwriting on their previous effort “We March Forward” was rock solid. So good in fact, that I awarded the album with a 85/100 rating here at Metal Squadron, which in turn led to a place on my top five-list for 2013. So, is the new album worth the wait and the anticipation? For sure, “The Cycle Never Ends” is another highlight of pure and crushing heavy metal, at least as good as it’s predecessor. Guitarist and main songwriter Nuno Mordred was happy to answer all our questions.
PLAYLIST: Week 20
1. IRONSWORD ”None But The Brave” (Shadow Kingdom)
– First impression: Very good, but better than their two last masterpieces? I don’t think so.
2. RAVENSIRE “Rehearsal Demo 2015”
– Out of the blue. A raw demo recorded pretty much live in the studio. Three strong songs in the vein of the material on “We March Forward”.
PLAYLIST: Week 5
1. NOCTURNAL ”Storming Evil” (High Roller)
– The first thrash highlight of 2014. Catchy as only the Germans can be!
2. COBRA “To Hell” (Austral Holocaust)
– Cool, old school heavy metal with some hard rock thrown in and the usual Southern American charm. Continue reading
PLAYLIST: Week 45
1. SOLSTICE “Death’s Crown Is Victory” (Self released)
– EP with two killer long tracks as well as two cool instrumentals. Long enough to convince, short enough to leave you wanting more.
2. RAVENSIRE “We March Forward” (Eat Metal)
– What an improvement on the EP! Raw, epic and heavy. It doesn’t get more metal than this! Continue reading