If I tell you that «The White Goddess» was my favorite album of 2013, you don’t need to be a genious (although I know most of my readers are) to understand that I had high hopes for the follow up. After some turbulent times and lots of delays, the album is finally here, and I am delighted to say that Atlantean Kodex delivers once again. I called guitarist and main song writer Manuel Trummer and we had a pretty interesting chat about the more than six years since the last album, the pressure the band felt while making it and the power of social media.
1. Borrowed Time “Borrowed Time” (High Roller)
– A refreshingly different take on pure heavy metal. Some cool ideas. Lots of identity.
2. In Solitude “Sister” (Metal Blade)
– Great album, but so far I prefer the more metallic approach of the last album.
1. Argus “Beyond The Martyrs” (Cruz Del Sur)
– Early days, but this could very well be their best one so far.
2. Atlantean Kodex “The White Goddess” (Cruz Del Sur)
– Right now, I prefer the debut, but as expected, this is high quality stuff. Continue reading
Presenting up and coming bands have always been a motivation for me. Sadly, when you have wait for a magazine to go to press, interviews with the same bands are all over the internet when the magazine finally hits the stores, even if you conducted them weeks before the rest. Therefore, I have decided to some interviews which will only be published here at Metal Squadron. If you enjoy this feature, done with Jeff Black, guitarist and main man in Canadian newcomers GATEKEEPER, please click “Follow” on this blog, cause there are lots more to come if I know I have the readers to justify it. Continue reading