Below, from Nyköping in Sweden made securing a record deal look easy, as the band received an offer from Metal Blade after the band’s very first demo last year. I phoned bass player Andreas Hedman to talk about this, and of course the band’s debut album, “Across The Dark River”. Continue reading
– With Gerrit singing, this sounds quite different, still very cool. Needs a bit of time.
2. PORTRAIT ”Crossroads” (Metal Blade)
– Can’t stop spinning this one. So many storng songs and exciting parts. Vocals not as upfront as on the last one.
I’ve done a couple on Slough Feg for Scream Magazine, but only once before have I been able to do it via phone. This time I called Mike to speak mainly about the new album, “Digital Resistance”. Continue reading
– A refreshingly different take on pure heavy metal. Some cool ideas. Lots of identity.
2. In Solitude “Sister” (Metal Blade)
– Great album, but so far I prefer the more metallic approach of the last album.
I was kind of surprised when the news about RAVEN BLACK NIGHT having signed for Metal Blade reached me. Don’t get me wrong, I hold Metal Blade in high regard, even though they were pushing the metal core-thing way too hard some years ago, and I also enjoyed the first RAVEN BLACK NIGHT-album a lot, but nevertheless it didn’t feel like a marriage made in heaven. Continue reading